Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tuesday Newsday: Upcoming Stuffs and Things

Today is Tuesday. August 4th, and seriously, where the heck did the first half of 2015 go? 
Oh, yeah, that's right, it disappeared in a blur of bad tequila and dodgy brain days. Heh, just kidding about the tequila. That stuff is way too hardcore for me. Realio, trulio.

Anywho, you knowwhat I'm talking about, right? I mean those days where you start to do something, turn around and wonder how the heck you got in the kitchen in the first place? Then you turn around again, and it's 6 pm or 11 pm and you haven't done a damn thing all day. Well, none of the things you planned on doing that day. 

So.

Here I am, and between the doctors and I, we've figured out a tentative plan for keeping my brain-pan from leaking too much. 

*I mean leaking in a figurative manner--no actual brains have been depleted of their juices in the making of my dodgy brain days*

THE PLAN:
A minimum of 4-6 hours of sleep a day. Plenty of quiet time. Keeping my exposure to overstimulating situations like crowded malls, etc. to a minimum. And the biggest thing of all, getting Kidlet on board with the whole "Help Mom's Brain Work" thing. She waits until I've had my first cuppa joe before she attempts conversation with me. She stops talking is I let it be known I've maxed out on my ability to comprehend conversation. If it's a bad enough for the record books kinda auditory processing day, she switches to ASL and signs to me. 

Eh, the process is not perfect, but at least we now have a working work in progress. 

And on that note, I have a writing newsflash. Heh. I'm writing again. Realio, trulio writng. Over the last week I've been managing to write a minimum of 2k a day. Considering the loooooooooong dry spell I've been through writing-wise this year, 2k a day is cause for celebration. 

And I CANNOT spill the beans entirely yet, but know that Rhae Camdyn and I are heavily engaged in bringing a SooperSekrit project chock full of hilarity to you in the near future. 

That's it for this weeks News. Hopefully I'll have more actual Stuffs and Nonsense to report next week. Barring that, I'll at least have some time to clean up this writing cave. 

*glances around at the somewhat frightening accumulation of suspiciously cobwebby type things and old gidgets and whosiwhatsits lining the walls of the cave...*

Phew. This place really does need sprucing up, doesn't it? I'll get to that as soon as I finish off this pass of working on my current *soopersekrit* Work In Progress. 

Ciao, Cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your take?