Friday, December 13, 2013

Fabulous Friday

Only a few minutes today because life is crazy and also it's Friday (which means grocery shopping and picking up all the million & one other little things that rack up over a week or so) so I just wanted to share a quick video with you all.

I make no bones about my love for the band Carbon Leaf. They're out of Richmond, VA, and I first heard them at a frat party in Roanoke, VA, my ostensible freshman year in college (I hate frat parties, but these guys were, to me, worth it. I started going JUST to hear them). It was a love affair that has lasted ever since -- we're heading toward 2 decades now. My kids love them, too. And one of the things I love most about them is a way they have of transporting me back to my childhood through one of their more nostalgic songs.

A couple of years ago, they came out with an album of original Christmas music. I died of happiness. I sometimes listen to it in the middle of summer, just because it's *that* awesome. So, here's the first song off that album, which always makes me feel as excited for Christmas as when I was a little kid.

A couple of other "nostalgia" songs by them, if you're interested, are "X-ray" (which is about a kid, about 8 or so, biking around suburbia over summer break, and is awesome) and "Red Punch Green Punch" which always reminds me of MY great-aunts. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your take?