Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday Triumph: Another Next Big Thing


Here are the questions:

1)What is the title of your book?
This one is part of my Rescue Twinks series, and is called: 
Worth A Thousand Words

2)How did you come by the idea?
Hmm. I honestly think the kidlet sparked this whole series. She was standing with me at a random bus stop, and being, you know, very twelve, complete with Glittery Accessories and over the top enthusiasm... and I thought... what if?

3)What genre does your book fall under?
Heh. This one is most definitely a gay Rom-Com... contemporary romantic comedy

4)Which actors would you choose to play your characters if it were a movie?
I'd want two completely talented unknowns... and the guy who directed Will Smith in Hitch. There's a lot of physical comedy in the book, and it takes a subtle touch to translate that to film. :)

5)What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Geez. If I keep doing these I am eventually going to get really good at One Sentence Synopses... er, I'll get back to you on this one. In like a second or so... no, really.


How about this: Struggling to turn their Happy For Now meet and greet into a Happily Forever After, Adrien and Devon have to fight their way past a crazed stalker and their own insecurities.  (Urk, I know. It's pitiful...)

6)Will your book be self-published or traditional?
This whole series is self-published. I've got a stellar editor, and an equally stellar cover artist. I love Val and A.J.

7)How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Er, still working on it. About two more days to completion, then off to betas, back for corrections, to the editor, back to me for more corrections, to the proof reader, then formatting and uploading to my distribution site, ARe.

8)What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
You guys need to tell me that. I'm just terrible at those sorts of comparisons. 

9)Who or What inspired you to write this book?
Oooh, this one is possibly  my favorite question. I get inspired by a lot of things... the whole series was actually inspired by my kidlet spilling glitter all over the house. *no, really* This specific story was inspired in part by Write-to-Done's fine articles, and partially by some amazing conversations with some of my brainer friends... like Philosophy professor Jennifer Saul.

10)What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Possibly the hot-tastic cover? The references to fun stuff like PTSD, Trepanning (I didn't make that one up... O.o ) and interfering, strong-willed old ladies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your take?