Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Little Tidbit


Questions I was asked at an awesome LRC chat:

Among your own books, have you a favorite? Hmm. I think my favorite so far is Tian's Hero, my upcoming Silver Publishing release. 
A favorite hero or heroine? This is why the story is my favorite. Lewell'yn. Sexy, scary assassin/spy/reluctant hero/anti-hero
I love his sarcasm. Lewell'yn cracks me up. He's just so off his rocker.
Tell us about your latest or upcoming release. What is this masterpiece all about?
The first story I'll have coming out with Silver is a Christmas story. It's actually a sequel to the short I wrote for the M/M Romance Group's Hot July Day's event, and is called A Kiss & Tell Interlude: Christmas Rum Balls  The story is another little slice of Tony, Neil and Kevin's lives as they grow in their relationship which began in Kiss & Tell.
Which of your books has been the easiest to write?  
The Soldier & the State Trooper. Or the one I'm working on now, cause I swear the thing is writing itself.
The hardest?  
Tian's Hero, the first of my Akanti series. Because it was the first one, and writing it was scary.
The most fun? Hmm. Either The Soldier & the State Trooper or Christmas Rum Balls. 
Which comes first, the story, the characters or the setting? For me it varies. Usually it's the characters first, and then they tell their story. I'm just taking dictation. Sometimes a setting sparks off an idea, or (most rare) the story will come to me in it's entirety and I just have to try to not muck it up to badly as I get it put into my trusty laptop.

What part of a book has been the easiest to write? 
Hmm. Once, when I was writing Tian's Hero, I wrote over 6,ooo words in a day. It was like the story was just pouring out of me and the characters were just patiently waiting their turns to tell their bits of the story. Yum. I love it when that happens.
 The hardest?
The ending always kicks my ass. I just hate to say goodbye to the characters.
What are the elements of a great romance for you?
Sexy with and underlying sweetness. Tension. Real interactions (sex that isn't always perfect but still scorches) and of course a HEA. I'm all about the Hea. I don't mind putting my characters through the wringer to get there, but I figure real life can be harsh enough. I want my paper people to be spared that.
What is the hardest/the easiest part of writing for you? 
Writing on a time schedule. I need to get in the right head space to write, and Real Life dictates I have to do that on a schedule. That's tough for me.
Are you in control of your characters or do they control you?
I'm just telling their stories. If I listen hard enough, and write with enough skill their stories can be everyone's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your take?