Monday, March 21, 2011

Dream a Little Dream

I woke this morning to the sound of rain pattering against my window.
Selena, my trusty feline companion was curled against my left side.
I had a warm sense of well being. You see, I'd just woken from a dream about my mother. Mom's been gone for over eleven years now. Dreams of her are like rare and precious letters from afar, and I cherish them. So to dream of her today/last night was...sweet, and soothing. It felt like she'd found a way to send me a hug from the spirit world.
Not a very exciting topic for a blog, but beyond exciting to experience. Love that never leaves? Love that can still touch you, still enrich your life from beyond the grave? Huh. Well, maybe something to get excited about after all. So tonight, when you lay you down to sleep? If you can, dream a little dream of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your take?